Monday, December 13, 2010

Loving Holiday Lights

Guest post written by Patee Tomlin

If there's one thing I miss about the holiday season in Chicago, it's the huge light displays across all the store-fronts, and the massive decorations everywhere you turn. Now, don't get me wrong--I love life down here in Georgia, but the holidays are quite different in that regard. The biggest light displays you'll see are the ones on decked-out houses in the neighborhood. It's so cute and very quaint, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the grandeur of walking by a designer store and seeing a way-elaborate Christmas panorama.

That's why this year, I think I am going to take matters into my own hands. I'm going straight to Homeproimprovement.com and am going to jump-start a few decorations for our house. Nothing too crazy or major, and nothing even that Christmas-y, really...I just want a change in the homestead. Hey, it's no panorama, but at least it's a start, right? Right!

No comments: