Thursday, December 29, 2011

Big Spender

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes

I am really good at spending money. As it turns out, I am not as great at saving it. As I’m recently married, this has caused a little bit of problem. When it was just me that was forced to eat Ramen noodles every night, it was no problem. Now that my husband is subjected to eating “leftovers” every single night because I spent just a little too much money on shoes, something has to give. He is not okay with that, unfortunately. I’ve gotten really creative with saving money, and I’ve cut back on my shopping, but I’m not going to completely stop buying adorable kitten heels. Let’s not get crazy. I have started to clip some coupons and shop the “buy one get one” sections at the grocery store, but that hasn’t yielded a huge savings so far. Here’s what has—since I live in Texas, I was able to call SHOP Electricity Rates Texas and have them shop around for a cheaper natural gas provider. This has saved us a lot of money. And my husband no longer sighs every time I say I’m going to the mall. That, my friends, is called a “win-win.”

No comments: