Monday, June 25, 2007

Quilting Is My Hobby

Aside of internet exploring,i have one hobby too that i just can't resist.Quilting is one of my hobby,i started to make quilts last year when my father-in-law gave a me a mother's day present,a high-speed sewing machine.It does a lot of things,like designing & different kinds of stitch.But i don't really have an idea how to make quilts then,& i'm dying to learn how coz they're pretty cool & nice,especially those baby quilt blankets made of flannel fabrics.They're really soft,cuddly,comfortable,& gentle to your skin.Our neighbor accross the street loves to do the sewing too,she's an older lady,& she's been doing different kinds of sewing when she was young,including the quilting.So my dad in law talked to her if she can teach me to the things she likes.We went to a fabric store to buy some fabrics that we need & she helped me to pick nice color & nice fabric,which i'm going to make my baby a big quilt blanket coz he's getting bigger.After we bought some fabrics,i came over to her place & brought my sewing machine & accessories to start the teaching.She told me she was impressed of my eagerness & willingness to learn.I told her that when i was young we used to have a tailoring shop.I't s a long story how we lost the business,but i had seen some of my mom's hired tailors how they cut the fabrics & all that.Well,back to the sewing,I finally finished the very first quilt i made,& i was very happy coz i made it just right for a beginner,not bad at all!.After that,she taught me so many things, like sewing jammies,table tops & house decorations.Now,i know how to make it on my own.I thanked her for teaching me the steps how to do the sewing & how to make it nice & perfect.Anyway,here are some of the projects i have made:














Aren't they nice?And some of my projects,i already gave to my friend's sons & sister's daughter.So far i made 8 quilted blankets,i made some jammies too for my husband ,my baby & for myself.I'ts really a nice feeling when you made something coz you're gonna see it everyday & you're using it.And i am planning to go to school this summertime for dressmaking to enhance my knowledge about sewing skills.

No comments: